- 3/4 cup dried chickpeas
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 5to6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Oil for greasing the tray
- Lemon juice to taste
- For binding use besan (flour roasted)
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl with plenty of cold water.
- Let soak overnight. Boil the chickpeas in a pan until 90% done. Drain, cool it
- Place in a food processor with the onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, and coriander and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Process until the mixture thickens and forms a course texture.
- Shape the mixture into walnut-size balls and flatten them slightly.
- In a pre heat oven grease the tray and arrange the falafel, change the sides frequently bake it until golden.
- Serve with little toss salad or yogurt sauce.