- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- Salt to Taste
For Beans Stuffing
- ½ cup soaked and boiled kidney beans ( rajmah )
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin ( jeera ) powder
For Green Tomato Salsa
- ½ cup chopped green tomatoes
- ¼ cup spring onions with both white and green part
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp roughly chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
For Whole Wheat Tortillas
Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
For Stuffing and tortillas
- Heat the oil in a non –stick pan add garlic and green chillies and sauté on medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add onions sauté them, then add tomatoes add ¼ cup water and cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder and boiled kidney beans, ¼ cup water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Then roll out dough to make small circle and then spread it like a chapatti and add Kidney beans filling on half portion of the chapatti and fold it to make a semicircle.
- Heat a non stick tava and cook tortilla on both sides till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve with Green tomato Salsa.