- 1/4 cup soaked overnight Lima Beans
- 2 medium sized peeled & cubed Potato (Aloo)
- 1 tsp Black Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 1 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- To taste Salt (Namak)
- 1 medium sized finely chopped Onion (Pyaj)
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- Cook the beans in enough water till cooked but not too soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, allow them to pop.
- Add asafetida and onion.
- Fry till onions become translucent.
- Now mix turmeric, cayenne, coriander, salt and potatoes.
- Add little water and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Gently mix in the cooked beans and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot