- Ragi Flour – 2 cups
- Onion – 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies – 3 (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs (finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Water (or Buttermilk) – to make the dough
- Take the ragi flour, chopped onions, green chilies, , salt, finely chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves in a big mixing bowl.
- Mix everything together. Sprinkle water little by little and knead to form a smooth dough. The dough should be softer than regular chapatti dough.
- Let the dough rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Heat a griddle or tawa on medium low heat. Take a lemon sized dough to make the adai.
- Grease a Ziploc cover or any plastic cover or a banana leaf. Place the dough ball and flatten it with your fingers to about 4-6″ diameter. With more experience, you can spread it directly on the tawa itself.
- Gently transfer the rolled out dough to the hot griddle.
- Drizzle few drops of oil along the edges. You could also make a hole in the center and put 2-3 drops of oil. This will make it extra crisp.
- Cook on low heat till both sides are cooked. You could cover with a lid to speed up the cooking process. Serve hot for best taste.