- Quinoa – 1/2 cup
- Bengal gram (kadalai paruppu) – 1/4 cup
- Tur dal – 1/4 cup
- Whole Green Gram – 1/4 cup
- Fenugreek – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chillies -2
- Green Chillies – 1-2
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt as needed
- For adding to the batter
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Oil – as needed for making adai
- Wash and soak quinoa, bengal gram, tur dal, green gram (whole green moong dal/pachai payaru), urad dal and fenugreek seeds for 3 hours.
- Grind it coarsely adding red chillies, green chillies, cumin seeds, hing and salt needed. The batter should neither be too thick nor thin. It should be of spreading consistency. You do not have to ferment the batter.
- Add finely chopped onions and coriander leaves to the batter.
How to Proceed
- Heat a tawa, pour a ladle of batter in the center and spread it in a circular motion.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the adai and cook the adai on medium heat.
- Once the corners starts lifting up, flip it over to the other side and drizzle another 1/2 tsp of oil.
- Cook until done and enjoy soft and super tasty quinoa adai hot with green chutney. It tastes good even when cold.