- Sabudana/sago/javarisi -1/2 cup
- Potato -2 medium size or 1 big
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Ginger -1 inch piece grated
- Green chillies – 4
- Coriander leaves finely chopped -1/4 cup
- Oil -2 tsp
- Salt needed
- Wash sabudana under running water until all the powdery substance goes off, then add 1/4 cup of water and leave it overnight. It does not matter if the sabudana is a little mushy for this recipe. In the morning fluff it with a fork, sprinkle little water and keep it aside for another half an hour. Make sure the sabudana is soft like cooked rice.
- Pressure cook potatoes until soft, peel the skin, grate it and keep it aside.
- Finely chop green chillies, coriander leaves and grate ginger. You can also grind ginger and green chillies to a paste.
How to Proceed
- In a bowl, mix together grated potato, cumin seeds, finely chopped coriander leaves, ginger, green chillies and salt needed. Make sure that there are not lumps.
- Add the soaked sabudana, 2 tsp oil and mix everything together well to form a dough. You can add a tbsp of water if the mixture is too dry. Check for salt.
- Wet your hands, take a ball of dough and spread it into a thin circle on a ziplock bag or any plastic sheet or even a banana leaf.
- Grease tawa with oil and heat it. Now transfer the prepared thalipeeth gently to the tawa, make 4-5 holes and drizzle oil around the thalipeeth and on the holes.
- Cook on low or meduim heat until it cook . Flip it over to the other side and cook both sides well until golden brown.
- Enjoy this very delicious dish hot with curd , any chutney of your choice or potato vegetable.