- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice4 whole wheat Phulkas , approx. 200 mm. (8″) in diameter
- For the hummus
- 1/2 cup kabuli chana (white chick peas), soaked
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp low fat curds (dahi)
- Salt to taste
- For the salad
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced spring onions
- 1/2 cup carrot , cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup lettuce ,shredded
- 2 tbsp finely chopped corriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1 tsp olive oil or oil
- salt to taste
- Soak the Kabuli chana in water for 6 hours making sure that they are covered with water.
- Cook the Kabuli chana in a pressure cooker. Cool and drain. Keep the drained liquid aside.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, curds, cooked Kabuli chana, garlic, salt and some of the strained water in a blender and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the reserved liquid.
- Keep refrigerated.
For the Salad
- Combine all the vegetables, bean sprouts and lettuce in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the cumin powder, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and mix well.
How to Proceed
- Place one chapati on a clean dry surface.
- Spread an even layer of hummus on the chapati.
- Top with a generous portion of salad in the centre of the chapati and roll up tightly.
- Repeat to make the remaining 3 wraps.
- Serve immediately.